Deer Lodge Centre has grown into what it is today thanks to the support of our community, which includes donors like you.
We’re the largest facility in Manitoba serving adults who require rehabilitation and specialized care for complex, long-term health concerns. We have a capacity of 429 personal care beds, and proudly maintain 140 of those for veterans as part of an agreement with Veterans Affairs Canada. We’re home to the Movement Disorder Clinic, the Operational Stress Injuries Clinic, and JW Crane Memorial Library of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Canada’s largest and best-known special library on aging and long-term care. And we have a proud legacy of innovation that includes:
- The first documented account of wheelchair sports anywhere in Canada
- The first dialysis machine built and operated in Western Canada
- The first geriatric pharmacology research unit
- The first geriatric day hospital in Canada
- Pioneering orthopedic surgical techniques since 1916
Looking back on the last 100 years, we have so much to be proud of.
But what about the next 100 years?
What about tomorrow?
The fact is, Manitoba’s Baby Boomers are all entering their senior years, and the demands they place on the healthcare system will steadily mount. Deer Lodge Centre must establish strategies now to enhance and expand our programs, services and facilities, so we can continue to meet the needs of our community in the years ahead.
Your generosity can help ensure Deer Lodge Centre is always caring, always there.
Your gift will go toward state-of-the-art equipment, innovative research, educational and training programs, and expanded facilities, strengthening our capacity to provide the highest quality of life possible for our patients and residents.
You can make a difference today, tomorrow … and for generations to come
People donate to Deer Lodge Centre for so many reasons. Whether you want to honour our veterans, invest in cutting-edge geriatric care and research, or make a personal contribution to programs or services that will have a profound, positive and lasting impact on the quality of life for our residents and patients, your support will make lives better for thousands of Manitoba families.
Every penny you donate to the Deer Lodge Centre Foundation goes directly to the programs, services and capital projects of Deer Lodge Centre. Our overhead and salary costs are defrayed by the income from an endowment fund set up early in the Foundation’s development. Very few charitable organizations are able to make that claim.
Direct your gift
When making a gift to the Deer Lodge Centre Foundation, your directions will be followed to your every specification.
- DONATIONS can be made generally, or to any specific care area or program you choose.
- Become a MONTHLY DONOR. Monthly gifts are easy to budget, and extend the impact of your generosity across the entire year. Best of all, they’re automatic — simply set up the amount you want to give each month, and leave the rest to us. At the end of the year, we send you a tax receipt for the total you donated that year.
- MEMORIAL/TRIBUTE GIFTS are treated with great care and respect. When we receive your gift, we will send a tastefully designed acknowledgement card to the recipient or their family. including your name and address.
- PLANNED GIVING allows you to predetermine the amount, duration and direction of your bequest to Deer Lodge Centre. When you promise to leave a bequest to Deer Lodge Centre Foundation, we will inscribe the story of your family’s journey from past to present in our Capture the Journey Heritage Album.
Join the Caring Circle
Cumulative gifts of $1,000 or more are recognized on the Deer Lodge Centre Caring Circle Donor Wall.
Our Caring Circle symbolizes the generosity and support so necessary to continue Deer Lodge’s tradition of excellence. Our donors, families and staff join together, forming a circle to protect and enhance the quality of life for our residents and patients.DONATE NOW
We’ll happy to speak with you over the phone – or in person – about how you’d like to plan your donation.
Executive Director, Deer Lodge Centre Foundation