Health news from Deer Lodge Centre Life.Times
By Kathy Penner
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world,” said Anne Frank. Charities need volunteers to help deliver their important services. But if you’ve never volunteered before, you might wonder how to begin.
The good news is, these tips will have you pitching in before you know it:
- Put your time where your heart is: the environment? poverty? art? Go with your passion.
- Meet with a volunteer coordinator to find out if your goals, skills and experience mesh with the organization’s needs.
- You may envision reading to children, but right now they need envelope stuffers. Be flexible and do what’s needed while learning more about the organization.
- Only offer as much time as you can manage. It may increase later, but for your sake and the organization’s, start with a realistic commitment.
- Everyone can do something to make the world better. Enjoy your volunteer career!
Deer Lodge Centre has many volunteer positions available (hint hint!). Call Joy Tanchuk at 204.831.2912 or email "> for details. To volunteer for Deer Lodge Centre Foundation, call 204.272.8911.
February 27, 2023
This year, Hon. Audrey Gordon, Minister of Health, officially proclaimed February as Therapeutic Recreation Month in Manitoba. Participating in leisure…
January 17, 2023
A $26,000 Haircut That Will Leave a Lasting Legacy!
Ray Ricard is a fantastic guy. He’s a resident at Deer Lodge Centre, Chair of the Deer Lodge Centre Resident Council, and…
September 15, 2022
THERE ARE ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT TO GET YOUR TICKETS!
Deer Lodge Dance Hall Presents: The Roaring Twenties Join us on Thursday, September 29, 2022! Your evening will include thrilling performances…