Deer Lodge Centre has grown into what it is today thanks to the support of our community, which includes donors like you.
Deer Lodge Centre is the largest facility in Manitoba, serving adults who require rehabilitation and specialized care for complex and long-term health concerns. They have a capacity of 429 personal care beds, and proudly maintain 140 of those for veterans as part of an agreement with Veterans Affairs Canada. Deer Lodge Centre is also home to the Movement Disorder Clinic, and the Operational Stress Injuries Clinic.
The Centre has a proud legacy of innovation that includes:
- The first documented account of wheelchair sports anywhere in Canada
- The first dialysis machine built and operated in Western Canada
- The first geriatric pharmacology research unit
- The first geriatric day hospital in Canada
- Pioneering orthopedic surgical techniques since 1916
Looking back on the last 100 years, we have so much to be proud of. But what about the next 100 years? What about tomorrow?
The fact is, Manitoba’s Baby Boomers are all entering their senior years, and the demands they place on the healthcare system will steadily mount. Deer Lodge Centre must establish strategies now to enhance and expand our programs, services and facilities, so we can continue to meet the needs of our community in the years ahead.
Your generosity can help ensure Deer Lodge Centre is always there. Your gift will go toward state-of-the-art equipment, innovative research, educational and training programs, and expanded facilities, strengthening our capacity to provide the highest quality of life possible for our patients and residents.
You can make a difference today, tomorrow, and for generations to come
People donate to Deer Lodge Centre for so many reasons. Whether you want to honour our Veterans, invest in cutting-edge geriatric care and research, or make a personal contribution to programs or services that will have a profound, positive and lasting impact on the quality of life for our residents and patients, your support will make lives better for thousands of Manitoba families.
Direct your gift
When making a gift to the Deer Lodge Centre Foundation, your directions will be followed to your every specification.
- DONATIONS can be made generally, or to any specific care area or program you choose.
- Become a MONTHLY DONOR. Monthly gifts are easy to budget, and extend the impact of your generosity across the entire year. Best of all, they’re automatic — simply set up the amount you want to give each month, and leave the rest to us. At the end of the year, we send you a tax receipt for the total you donated that year.
- MEMORIAL/TRIBUTE GIFTS are treated with great care and respect. When we receive your gift, we will send a tastefully designed acknowledgement card to the recipient or their family. including your name and address.
- PLANNED GIVING allows you to predetermine the amount, duration and direction of your bequest to Deer Lodge Centre. In your will, you can direct a gift of money or a portion of your estate to the Deer Lodge Centre Foundation. Leaving a legacy gift is a tribute to your life’s work, your family and your community. Your gift will help ensure Deer Lodge Centre is always here to provide a community of caring to your friends, neighbours, and loved ones.
We’d be happy to speak with you over the phone – or in person – about how you’d like to plan your donation.
Deer Lodge Centre Foundation